2. Categories of personal information collected by Athlagon
3. Third party access to user data within the Athlagon platform
4. Third party access to user data from outside the Athlagon platform
5. Consent to the use and transfer of identifiable and non-identifiable information to third parties
6. Deletion and correction of the data
7. Integration of social media into the Athlagon platform
10. Approval of users
1. General 1.1
To use Athlagon, the user must have an Athlagon account. The data collected for this purpose is described in Section 2. To provide users with an optimal experience, the Athlagon concept is based, in part, on the publication of certain user information within the Athlagon platform. In particular, this includes the information described in Section 3, which is visible to other users of the Athlagon platform. After registration, the user has the option to deactivate his/her public profile by accessing the app settings. 1.2
The collection, processing and use of personal data by Athlagon complies with the applicable data protection regulations of the Federal Republic of Germany.
2. Categories of personal information collected by Athlagon 2.1.
Athlagon collects identifiable information during the registration of a user when using the Athlagon Platform. Athlagon's identifiable information falls into the following categories:
• Age and weight;
• Email address;
• Various information about activities, such as frequency of use of the app, test results, etc. 2.2.
Athlagon collects and uses personally identifiable information, specifically in order to provide user with a safe, efficient and personalised use of the Athlagon platform's services, as well as to develop new applications, enhance existing ones and to adapt them to users' needs.
3. Third-party access to user data within the Athlagon platform Upon registration, the user creates a public profile. This profile is intended to make it easier for users to find and motivate each other. Users’ public profiles within the Athlagon platform include:
• Profile picture
• Various information about activities, such as test results, awards won, length of membership etc. The user can enter the app settings at any time to regulate who can see this information. In the app settings, the user can prevent third parties from seeing his/her data.
Active registration to the Weekly Challenge is excepted, as this necessarily requires the publication of the user’s username and his/her Weekly Challenge results.
4. Third party access to user data from outside the Athlagon platform Third-party access to user data from outside the Athlagon platform is generally not possible. This does not include data actively shared by the user via the app’s sub-function. However, Athlagon also refers to the comments in section 7 (integrating social media into the Athlagon platform), which deal with points over which Athlagon has no control.
5. Consent to the use and transfer of identifiable and non-identifiable information to third parties 5.1.
The user expressly agrees that non-identifiable information will be stored and used for the purpose of in-app advertising or on www.athlagon.com by Athlagon or its affiliates.
6. Deletion and correction of the data 6.1.
The user can select to delete all personal data by deleting his account. The data that the user has made public him or herself are beyond the scope of deletion by Athlagon. 6.2.
The user can change or correct his or her personal data at any time directly via the menu item "settings" and there under "profile" and "account".
7. Integration of social media into the Athlagon platform 7.1.
The Athlagon platform integrates third-party codes (software development kit) for social media. Currently, this only applies to Facebook, 1601 South California Ave., Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. 7.2.
Users can recognise the respective program extension, for example by the corresponding logo or characteristic feature of the service on the Athlagon platform. An overview of the Facebook features can be found on the following pages: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/ 7.4.
By using a "share function”, such as sharing a test result or entering a comment through Facebook's social media account, users link the content of the Athlagon pages to their respective social media profile. Facebook can thus connect the visit of the Athlagon platform with the account of a particular user. Athlagon, as provider of the Athlagon platform, is not aware of the content of the submitted data, or the way Facebook uses such data. More information about the Facebook platform can be found on the following page: http://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/ 7.5.
If the user wants to avoid that the social media platform in question connects his or her visits of the Athlagon page with the social media account, the user must log out of the social media account and when registering in the app, select registration via email address.
8. Cookies 8.1.
Several sections of the Athlagon pages use "cookies", i.e. small text files that are stored on the computer and in the browser. These cookies are used by Athlagon to provide a more user-friendly, effective and secure service. Cookies also allow Athlagon to identify the browser used and make certain offers to the user. Cookies do not contain identifiable information. 8.2.